Senior Sound Designer
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are looking for a highly motivated creative and technical individual to join their audio department as a Senior Sound Designer.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual, with high quality engineering skills, to join our Audio team. This role requires the Audio team to work closely with other departments, so great communication and team working skills are essential.
If you have a passion for games and want to be a part of creating the soundtrack for an exciting AAA title, we want to hear from you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support, follow and deliver on the audio plan set out by the Audio Director to provide a AAA sound experience
- Soundscape and Sound Effects Production using various techniques such as Foley recording, location/studio recording, in addition to manipulating in-house and commercial material
- Audio asset implementation from source, middleware to engine
- Partners with designers, animators, programmers and other departments involved
- 4+ years of professional audio experience in game development
- Shipped from pre-production to release, 2+ large scale titles
- Able to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude.
- Strong knowledge of modern DAWs and Digital Audio Editing Software
- Strong passion for making the highest quality, state of the art games.
- Organised and Methodical approach to work & problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of track laying, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics preferably in Pro Tools
- Ability to design and implement innovative audio systems
- Strong technical audio theory background
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Experience in microphone techniques and field recording
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, openness to critique
- Technical knowledge of PC and game console technologies and ability to know how sound works in games with the ability to explain it to people who don’t
- Expert knowledge in next generation AAA game engines
- Willing to relocate to Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Experience of using Wwise in an Unreal pipeline.
- Experience with Steinberg DAWs, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Basehead
- Knowledge of MaxMSP
- Knowledge of 3D object based surround sound formats, such as Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics
- Knowledge of Binaural Encoding Techniques
To apply for this position please email RECRUITMENT@DSDAMBUSTER.COM including your CV, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.