Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are looking to engage the services of an experienced Animation Programmer who relishes the opportunity to work in the creative and innovative world of AAA game development.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced individual to join the engineering team which is working on an open world AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the Game Code group you will architect animation systems and develop supporting tools and workflows which enable the content teams to create believable character motion and animated sequences. You will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of core animation systems such as animation graphs, locomotion, IK and facial animation. In addition, you will be responsible for how these animation systems fit into the wider game world simulation framework and cinematics pipeline.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- A strong academic background which includes a degree in a science or relevant subject.
- A good understanding of animation and AI systems and techniques used in current games.
- Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
- The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code tasks.
- The ability to identify and optimise code to remain within performance and memory budgets.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross disciplines groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and an ability to work without supervision.
- Experience of console development.
- Previous experience working in an AI or animation programming role.
- Practical experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience using AI/Animation middleware.
- Experience of open world systems and load balancing techniques.
- A genuine interest in playing games.
To be considered for this position please click on the APPLY button below, or alternatively email email@example.com including your current CV, cover letter and link to portfolio where appropriate.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.