Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are looking to engage the services of an experienced Animation Programmer who relishes the opportunity to work in the creative and innovative world of AAA game development.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced individual to join the engineering team which is working on an open world AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the Game Code group you will architect animation systems and develop supporting tools and workflows which enable the content teams to create believable character motion and animated sequences. You will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of core animation systems such as animation graphs, locomotion, IK and facial animation. In addition, you will be responsible for how these animation systems fit into the wider game world simulation framework and cinematics pipeline.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- A strong academic background which includes a degree in a science or relevant subject.
- A good understanding of animation and AI systems and techniques used in current games.
- Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
- The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code tasks.
- The ability to identify and optimise code to remain within performance and memory budgets.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross disciplines groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and an ability to work without supervision.
- Experience of console development.
- Previous experience working in an AI or animation programming role.
- Practical experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience using AI/Animation middleware.
- Experience of open world systems and load balancing techniques.
- A genuine interest in playing games.
Our hiring process for this role:
If you are successfully shortlisted for one of our engineering roles we will contact you to confirm an engineering test has been sent to you via email. Please check that the email has not gone to your Junk folder.
Our engineering test is a series of questions that will help us understand your overall programming ability, general technical knowledge and approach to problem solving in a software development context. You will be given 90 minutes to complete the test during a 7 day time window. After your test answers have been submitted, we will review your answers and invite successful candidates to the studio for a face to face interview with members of our engineering teams.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.