The Production department at Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity for a Design Producer to join the team, working on an established AAA title for Next Gen Consoles and PC platforms.
As Design Departmental Producer you will work very closely with the Design Department and leads on the planning and development of level designs as well as game design systems. You will clear roadblocks for the team, plan tasks, sprints and roadmaps, and through careful management maximize quality within the project constraints. We’re looking for someone that has a deep understanding of game development with the challenges it brings and can balance the right amount of process and planning detail with maintaining a close eye on the final product.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Delivery focussed and in-touch with the game. Own the planning and delivery of design department roadmaps, whilst remaining keenly aware of the player experience.
- Own the constraints. Work with the design department director and design leads to both inform and work collaboratively on a plan that can balance competing priorities.
- Communicate design feature definition to other teams within the studio, providing wider clarity and enabling efficient development of design content.
- Utilize existing Production processes within the design team or create new processes where there is potential for improvement.
- Ensure development goals are understood within the design team and communicated out to the wider team or other stakeholders.
- Support the design director and leads in providing information or following up dependencies resting on other parts of the team.
- Build close relationships with Project Managers and other Producers to balance available resource and predict upcoming risks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with departmental leads and directors.
- Be familiar with industry trends and competitor products.
- Practical and detailed understanding of software project management techniques and production practices.
- Minimum of 4 years previous experience as a Game Designer or Level Designer on one or more published titles. Detailed understanding of design within complex games.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of common project management tools such as Jira or Hansoft.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Passion for video games.
- Previous published titles credited as a Project Manager or Producer.
- Educated to degree level or higher.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.