Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced design department for a Level Designer who has experience in the various stages of world building as well as in mission design and creation. Applicants must have shipped multiple AAA titles, and worked in the games industry for 3+ years. You will be working on an established AAA franchise for Console and PC platforms. If you have the passion for creating exceptional content and building the best game experiences possible, we'd love to speak to you!
As a Dambuster Level Designer, you will be:
- Working with the Narrative department and the mission specialists within the Level Design team to feedback on mission and narrative designs, with the view to ensuring all implemented content is of the highest quality.
- Working with the Game Design team to ensure that implemented missions support the game's pacing and unlock structure, as well as confirming that approved gameplay mechanics are utilised throughout.
- Working with the Level Design team to both implement and oversee implementation of the game missions, as they are translated from paper designs into playable sections of the game world.
- Creating whitebox level content and working closely with the Art team to ensure that this aligns closely with their vision.
- Supporting a whitebox level through the various stages of development up to final release and bug fixing.
- Owning and proactively championing features as part of multi-disciplined work groups.
- Able to understand the high-level vision and gameplay pillars for the game and to ensure that your work supports them in every possible way.
You will need to be able to:
- Deliver work on time, to the highest standard and using approved methods.
- Champion the player experience in your work.
- Showcase strong mission design, world building and mission scripting skills.
- Communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Receive and submit constructive feedback.
- Identify issues and deliver well thought out solutions to problems.
- Seek help when necessary instead of working around problems.
- Use multiple variants of level design software.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- You have a portfolio which shows a history of level creation for both SP and MP titles, professionally and non-professionally.
- You have experience mentoring or coaching team members in day to day work.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.