Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented Design department for a Narrative Designer to implement storytelling content for an unannounced AAA console focused project. If you are passionate about storytelling and have experience working in the games industry as a narrative designer, then please get in touch.
The primary remit of the Narrative Designer is to collaborate with the Level Design team to develop and implement captivating story and mission content and to create compelling interactions with NPC’s in the game world.
As a Dambuster Narrative Designer, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with the Level Design and Audio teams to oversee the implementation of in-game dialogue to a high standard.
- Collaborate with the Animation team to create simple cutscenes.
- Collaborate with the Level Design, Animation and Art teams to create compelling environmental stories through scene layout, lighting and set dressing.
- Assist in the creation of the game’s main story and supporting stories.
- Assist in building the world fiction and devising ways to incorporate it into the game’s narrative.
- Write in-game text and ensure the dialogue database is accurately maintained.
- Experience as a narrative designer on a critically rated game title.
- Experience with scripting, preferably with Unreal.
- A strong and demonstrable understanding of the principles of storytelling.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with other departments.
- Problem solving ability and negotiation skills.
- The ability to feedback in a constructive and considerate manner, and to accept feedback in turn when it is delivered in the same manner.
- A strong desire to improve your skills and to help others improve by sharing knowledge.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.