Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and energetic design team for a Principal Level Designer. We are looking for a creative individual with excellent hands on content creation skills, as well as strong leadership qualities, with proven experience delivering multiple pieces of content, to the highest standard. You will be working on an established, highly successful AAA title for home consoles and Windows PC. If you have a passion for creating exceptional gameplay and building the best game experiences possible, we’d love to speak to you!
As a Dambuster Principal Level Designer, you will be:
- Working directly with the Design Director and Lead Designers to translate the core pillars of the game into exciting and captivating gameplay.
- Designing and implementing benchmark content for the team to aspire towards.
- Working closely with the Art and Technical Design teams to create gameplay spaces that complement the core game mechanics.
- Working with the Game Design team to ensure that our missions support the game's pacing and unlock structure, as well as confirming that approved gameplay mechanics are utilised throughout.
- Working closely with the Narrative team to ensure the game tone is accurately reflected in your content
- Regularly reviewing the work of the level design team in order to ensure the work produced is to the highest quality.
- Supporting multiple levels through the various stages of development up to final release and bug fixing.
- Owning and proactively championing features as part of multi-disciplined work groups.
- Able to understand the high-level vision and gameplay pillars for the game and to ensure that your work supports them in every possible way.
You will need to be able to:
- Take responsibility for benchmark content on our projects
- Deliver work on time, to the highest standard and using approved methods.
- Champion the player experience.
- Showcase strong mission design, world building and mission scripting skills.
- Feed into the tool creation for AAA titles, ensuring the needs of level design are fully understood throughout the studio
- Communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Receive and submit constructive feedback.
- Identify issues and deliver well thought out solutions to problems.
- Use multiple variants of level design software and have excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Approach work in a positive manner and promote a positive working atmosphere within the level design team.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.