Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and energetic design team for a Principal Quest Designer. We are looking for a creative individual with excellent hands on quest creation skills, as well as strong leadership qualities, with proven experience delivering multiple pieces of content, to the highest standard. You will be working on an established and highly successful AAA title for home consoles and Windows PC. If you have a passion for creating exceptional gameplay and building the best game experiences possible, we’d love to speak to you!
As a Dambuster Principal Quest Designer, you will be:
- Working directly with the Design Director and Lead Designers to translate the core pillars of the game into exciting and captivating gameplay experiences.
- Designing and implementing benchmark content for others in the design team to aspire towards.
- Working closely with our Art team to create gameplay spaces that complement the core game mechanics.
- Working with our Game Design team to ensure that our missions support the game's pacing and unlock structure, as well as confirming that approved gameplay mechanics are utilised throughout.
- Working closely with our Narrative team to ensure the game's tone is accurately reflected in your content.
- Regularly reviewing the work of the quest team to ensure consistency and quality or experience.
- Supporting multiple pieces of content through all stages of development.
- Owning and proactively championing game features as part of multi-disciplined work groups.
- Able to understand the high-level vision and gameplay pillars to ensure that your work supports them in every way possible.
You will need to be able to:
- Take responsibility for benchmark content on our projects.
- Deliver work on time, to the highest standard and using approved methods.
- Champion the player experience.
- Showcase strong mission design, world building and mission scripting skills.
- Feed into the tool creation for AAA titles, ensuring the needs of level design are fully understood throughout the studio.
- Communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Receive and submit constructive feedback.
- Identify issues and deliver well thought out solutions to problems.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or another comparable game engine.
- Approach work in a positive manner and promote a positive working atmosphere within the level design team.
- It would be beneficial to also have experience in co-op campaign quest design.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.