Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced design department for a Senior Technical Designer specializing in combat. Programmers/designers who enjoy scripting or working with blueprints are encouraged to apply. You will be working on an established AAA franchise for Console and PC platforms. If you have a passion for creating exceptional content and building the best game experiences possible, we'd love to speak to you!
As a Dambuster Senior Technical Designer, you will be:
- Taking responsibility for the setup and maintenance of core gameplay systems.
- Working closely with other departments to collaborate on game content and drive quality.
- Part of the design, prototyping and development of game systems from concept phase to release.
- Building fun and engaging gameplay mechanics.
You will need to be able to:
- Showcase exceptionally strong scripting skills.
- Deliver work on time, to the highest standard and using approved methods.
- Identify issues and deliver well thought out solutions to problems.
- Receive and submit constructive feedback.
- Communicate effectively and work well within a team environment.
- Document your systems and communicate their usage effectively to the wider team.
- Improve the technical standards of the teams abilities through reviews and feedback.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- You have a working knowledge of a programming language like C++/C#.
- You have experience mentoring or coaching team members.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles, and/or have worked in the games industry for 6+ years.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.