Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced Animation department for a Technical Animator.
If you have a passion for character rigging and animation and have 2+ experience in the game or film industry using Maya then please get in touch!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement animation workflows and systems that integrate into Unreal Engine 4 and our game.
- Design, develop and implement animation tools and pipelines that facilitates animators work in Maya and Motion Builder character animation systems, including facial setups and performance capture workflows.
- Provide technical support for animators, offer solutions to maximise the efficiency, diagnose issues and fix in a timely and intelligent manner.
- Create high quality animation rigs and character skinning for body and facial.
- Coordinate with Animation Director and Lead Animator and ensure tools and pipelines are ready for production. Report risks in a timely manner and proactively fix issues as they come along.
- Collaborate with other game departments and contribute to the overall development of the project and raise any other issues that may need to be addressed.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive experience developing pipelines and toolsets in Python for Maya.
- Experience developing and maintaining animations in Unreal Engine 4 or other game engines.
- Solid understanding of Character deformation techniques and dynamics.
- Solid understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Maya API and C++ knowledge.
- Experience in PySide / PyQT.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and the according animation system and toolset.
- Production experience developing a AAA quality game.
- Understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Experience using Motion Capture technology, retargeting and processing data.
- Experience using Facial Capture technology and Facial Analysis software.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.