Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced Animation department for a Technical Animator.
If you have a passion for character rigging and animation and have 2+ experience in the game or film industry using Maya then please get in touch!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement animation workflows and systems that integrate into Unreal Engine 4 and our game.
- Design, develop and implement animation tools and pipelines that facilitates animators work in Maya and Motion Builder character animation systems, including facial setups and performance capture workflows.
- Provide technical support for animators, offer solutions to maximise the efficiency, diagnose issues and fix in a timely and intelligent manner.
- Create high quality animation rigs and character skinning for body and facial.
- Coordinate with Animation Director and Lead Animator and ensure tools and pipelines are ready for production. Report risks in a timely manner and proactively fix issues as they come along.
- Collaborate with other game departments and contribute to the overall development of the project and raise any other issues that may need to be addressed.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive experience developing pipelines and toolsets in Python for Maya.
- Experience developing and maintaining animations in Unreal Engine 4 or other game engines.
- Solid understanding of Character deformation techniques and dynamics.
- Solid understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Maya API and C++ knowledge.
- Experience in PySide / PyQT.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and the according animation system and toolset.
- Production experience developing a AAA quality game.
- Understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Experience using Motion Capture technology, retargeting and processing data.
- Experience using Facial Capture technology and Facial Analysis software.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.