The Production department at Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Producer to join the team, working on an established AAA title for Next Gen Consoles and PC platforms.
As the Engineering Departmental Producer, you will work very closely with the Engineering team and leads on the planning and development of core technology, systems and features underpinning the game. You will clear roadblocks for the team, plan tasks, sprints and formulate roadmaps. Through careful management you will seek to maximize quality within the project constraints. We’re looking for someone that has a deep understanding of what makes engineering teams tick and can balance the right amount of production process with the needs and responsibilities of the engineering department.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Delivery focussed and in-touch with the game. Own the planning and delivery of the engineering department roadmap, whilst remaining keenly aware of the benefits and impact of the work, especially on the player experience.
- Communicate the engineering constraints, priorities and requirement to produce a technically viable product amongst key stakeholders on the content and production teams.
- Coordinate with external parties to manage resources, dependencies and information exchange.
- Uphold and protect the engineering team philosophies and high standards of working practice.
- Own the constraints. Work with the Studio Engineering Director and engineering leads to both inform and work collaboratively on a plan that can balance competing priorities.
- Achieve feature and system specification definition on behalf of the engineering team, providing clarity and enabling efficient development.
- Ensure development goals are understood within the engineering team, and engineering priorities are communicated out to the wider team or other stakeholders.
- Utilize existing production processes within the engineering team or create new processes where there is potential for improvement.
- Support the engineering directors and leads in providing information or following up dependencies resting on other parts of the team.
- Champion the player experience and game vision within the engineering department.
- Build close relationships with Project Managers and other Producers to balance available resource and predict upcoming risks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with departmental leads and directors.
- Be familiar with industry trends and competitor products.
- Practical and detailed understanding of software project management techniques and production practices.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience working as a software engineer and/or working closely with software engineering teams in a project management capacity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of common project management tools such as Jira or Hansoft.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Passion for video games.
- Previous published titles credited as a Project Manager or Producer.
- Experience with online games development.
- Educated to degree level or higher.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.