Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and energetic game code team for a programmer to specialize in User Interface implementation.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated individual to join the engineering team which is working on a sandbox AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the UI group you will be responsible for developing all aspects of the game's user interface, menus and in game HUD elements. The role requires an individual who takes pride in the final presentation of their work and someone who understands the importance of communicating the right information in an accessible way. Working closely with the game code, design and art teams you will help define the way features are presented to the players, how the UI subsystems interface with other game systems and you will constantly strive for the highest visual quality across all areas of the game.
Whether you are fresh from Uni, an industry veteran, or anything in-between, we'd love to hear from you!
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- A strong academic background.
- Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
- A desire to create high quality user interfaces and feedback systems.
- The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code requirements.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross discipline groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and ability to work without much supervision.
- Ability to work with levels of supervision appropriate to the role.
- A degree in science or relevant subject.
- Experience with ActionScript & Flash.
- Experience of console development and the certification process.
- Previous experience of shipping a title as a UI programmer.
- A genuine interest in playing games.
- Unreal engine experience.
- Develop, maintain and support the logic and flow for all GUI features.
- Prototype and iterate on new features working closely with the design team.
- Always strive to improve the usability and architecture of the UI code and systems.
- Report to: Lead UI Programmer and Engineering Director.
- Ensure high quality, commented and presentable code.
- Adhere to company coding guidelines.
- Provide examples of good coding practise and feedback (e.g. code reviews)
- Actively support other team members to pass on expertise and experience.
- Communicate with the gamecode department to ensure UI is supported by necessary game features and data pipelines.
- Provide realistic time estimates and keep stakeholders informed of changes to these.
- Monitor and keep project management software up to date with current work.
- Utilize source control to stay up to date and frequently check in changes.
- Maintain responsibility and high-level knowledge in feature ownership areas.
- Provide readable documentation on features.
- Support lead and senior team members in day-to-day tasks and administrative duties.
- Engage in knowledge sharing (e.g. emails, wiki pages, coder catch-up’s etc.)
- Identify deficiencies in the current feature set and codebase.
- Evangelize the capabilities of our systems and what they can be made to do with further work.
To be considered for this position please click on the APPLY button below, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org including your current CV, cover letter and link to portfolio where appropriate.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.