Deep Silver Dambuster Studios has an exciting opportunity within their talented and experienced art department for a VFX Artist to work on the next installment in the highly successful Dead Island series of games.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated individual who has a passion for high-quality, photorealistic real-time visual effects for video games.
- Professional experience in creating photorealistic, real-time visual effects for video games.
- Solid knowledge of art, lighting and material pipelines in a modern game engine.
- Understanding of physically based rendering principles.
- A thorough and methodical approach to visual problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Open to critique and guidance from the Technical Art Director and others in the team.
- Eager to learn, develop and improve; and help other team members to do the same.
- Strong interest in playing video games.
- Adaptable and versatile.
- Experience with UE4 and SideFX Houdini is highly desirable.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with performance optimisation and memory management.
A portfolio is required which demonstrates the following:
- Real time visual effects within a modern game engine.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.