Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and energetic Infrastructure team for an experienced Web Programmer.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join our development team who are working on an exciting AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the Infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design and implementation of web applications & services to support the game development teams and the studio as a whole. You will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of web frameworks and languages, using these to provide solutions for content creation and management as well as debugging and visualisation to improve the game development process. In addition, you will be responsible for determining the ongoing infrastructure requirements as well as testing, deployment, maintenance and improvements.
- Knowledge of frontend web frameworks such as, Angular.js React or Ember
- Knowledge of backend frameworks such as Node.js,
- Understand the various database solutions available such a MySQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Experience of source control systems such as perforce and GIT.
- A strong academic background and relevant practical experience in a similar role.
- Strong engineering & problem solving skills.
- The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code tasks.
- The ability to identify and optimise code to remain within performance and memory budgets.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross disciplines groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and ability to work without much supervision.
- Previous experience working within a game development studio.
- Experience using the Parse framework.
- Experience using containerisation solutions such as Docker.
- Experience developing with cloud computing services such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience of working with and managing large data sets.
- Experience of Linux administration and command line tools.
- Strong web-design skills which include excellent user experience flows.
- Graphic design experience.
- A degree in a science or relevant subject.
- A genuine interest in playing games and being part of the game development process.
- Design and implement web applications/services to support the game teams and the studio as a whole.
- Manage the deployment and infrastructure requirements of these systems as well as integrating them into existing game development pipelines
- Identify opportunities where web tools could improve team workflows and communication by understanding the needs of the team
- Apply a level of functionally and visual consistency across all web tools
- Always strive to improve the stability, scalability, usability and architecture of the applications and services.
- Mentor junior team members when required and always set a good example to others.
- Report to: Infrastructure Director.
To be considered for this position please click on the APPLY button below, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org including your current CV, cover letter and link to portfolio where appropriate.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.