Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are seeking a world class Audio Director who will provide inspirational leadership to our talented audio team and drive the audio identity for our current project; the next game in the widely successful Dead Island series.
This is a pivotal role within the studio where you will lead by example, encourage positive cross department collaboration and support our people as they further their own careers within the studio. If you have proven experience in leading world class audio teams to deliver AAA console focused entertainment experiences, then we’d love to talk with you.
What You Will be Doing:
• Defining and executing the audio identity of the next Dead Island game.
• Managing and providing mentorship to the Audio Team.
• Ensuring that all audio content produced is of a consistently high standard and fits with the style and tone of the game
• Reviewing the work of the Audio Team and helping them develop their individual skillsets and abilities
• Presenting the work of the Audio Team to other departments and stakeholders
• Working in close proximity with the Audio Producer to improve creative pipelines for content production
• Working with programmers and tech teams to help improve audio tools and technology
• At least one published AAA quality title in an audio leadership role.
• Experience in leading and developing high performance, cross discipline audio teams (music, VO and SFX)
• Music literate
• Inspirational team leadership skills.
• A continued desire to raise the quality bar.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a large team and with other senior level stakeholders.
• A willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and also help other team members to do the same.
• Adaptable and versatile: a can-do attitude.
• A genuine passion for games.
Nice to Have:
• Audiokinetic Wwise
• Unreal Engine and Blueprints
What’s in It for you?
Aside from the opportunity to work on the highly anticipated, next instalment of the AAA Dead Island franchise, we are a studio that offers a host of benefits and perks.
• An industry competitive salary.
• A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
• Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
• Funded learning and development opportunities.
• An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
• A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
• Gym membership scheme.
• Free financial advice.
• Workplace pension scheme.
• Annual pay reviews.
• Employee referral bonus scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster Studios such a great place to work:
• Flexible start and end times to the working day.
• Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
• Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
• Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
• Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
• Free fruit & soft drinks.
• Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive and driven individual who wishes to further their career working on a ground-breaking title for current and future platforms whilst also making a genuine difference within a progressive and forward thinking studio.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret that it is not always possible to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within two weeks of submitting your application, then we must inform you that you have not been successful at this time. However, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.