Deep Silver Dambuster Studios is looking for a Lead Audio Designer to join and help give direction to our Audio team as they work on the next instalment in the Dead Island franchise.
You will play a pivotal role within our Audio team as you will help shape the identity of the IP whilst providing ad-hoc mentorship and guidance to other Designers where needed.
This is a great opportunity for a Lead Audio Designer to work on a world-renowned franchise or for an experienced Audio Designer looking to step up in their role.
What you will be doing:
• Realising the impact of the targets set by the Production team in terms of workload and resources when designing the scope and deliverables or processing project changes and implement problem-solving strategies for the team whenever necessary.
• Understanding the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision) to help guide the team.
• Providing visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables (planned and actual deliverables) and implementing solutions to avoid gaps.
• Communicating general project information to update members on the progress of the game and other working units and ensuring that relevant information is relayed to the immediate supervisor.
• Taking ownership of specific pieces of content and providing adhoc instruction to others
• Understanding and following style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
• Working as part of a team to produce a single goal
• Accepting and following direction and receiving always constructive criticism
• Completing all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard
• Demonstrating a desire to learn and grow professionally
• Preferably at least one published AAA game title in an Audio Leadership role
• A track record of working on AAA game projects
• Leadership skills with the ability to delegate
• Project management knowledge
• Music literate
• Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Hansoft, etc.);
• Excellent knowledge of Reaper, Nuendo or Pro Tools
• Solid communication skills and the ability to work well within a large team and with other senior level stakeholders
• A willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and also help other team members to do the same
• Knowledge of game engines
Nice to Have:
• Audiokinetic Wwise
• Unreal Engine and Blueprints
What’s in It for you?
Aside from the opportunity to work on the highly anticipated, next instalment of the AAA Dead Island franchise, we are a studio that offers a host of benefits and perks.
• An industry competitive salary.
• A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
• Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
• Funded learning and development opportunities.
• An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
• A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
• Gym membership scheme.
• Free financial advice.
• Workplace pension scheme.
• Annual pay reviews.
• Employee referral bonus scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster Studios such a great place to work:
• Flexible start and end times to the working day.
• Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
• Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
• Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
• Free fruit & soft drinks.
• Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret that it is not always possible to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within two weeks of submitting your application, then we must inform you that you have not been successful at this time. However, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.