The Production department at Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Producer to join the team. Reporting in to the Executive Producer, you will be working on an established AAA title for Next Gen Consoles and PC platforms, managing all or part of the Production department and tackling production for some areas of the project directly. We’re looking for someone that has a deep understanding of game development and the challenges it brings and can own the constraints of the project, ensuring that the final product represents the best possible quality.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
People focused, providing leadership in production by example and by management
Help build development momentum, challenge inertia and set the pace at which the team needs to operate to achieve its goals.
Delivery focussed & in touch with the content. Producers own the delivery of the game and are close to the game as experienced by players.
Own the constraints. Work with departmental directors and leads to make decisions and maintain a deep understanding of how best to balance competing priorities. Aware of when to push one over the other and the impact of such decisions.
Provide feature definition to teams, removing obstacles and enabling efficient development.
Problem solving. Use all of your experience and techniques in your Production toolbox to turn to hand to a variety of problems. Allow the team to focus on what they do best.
Own all aspects of the planning, to enable the delivery. In particular to own the integration of the plans from all the producers, reducing dependencies and ensuring nothing is missed between producers.
Ensure development goals are understood and communicated out to the team or other stakeholders.
Directly line manage other Production and Project Management staff.
Inspire confidence through decision making and pragmatic insight.
Maintain a close relationship with Project Management and in the utilization of hard data.
Close relationships with other Feature and Departmental Producers.
Maintain excellent relationships with departmental leads and directors.
- Be familiar with industry trends and competitor products.
Minimum 7 years of experience in game development as a Producer or Project Manager.
Detailed understanding of project management techniques and production practices.
Previous management experience of Producers and/or Project Managers
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Understanding of common project management tools such as Jira or Hansoft.
Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Passion for video games
Several years of game development experience in a technical or creative discipline, ideally in a senior position.
Experience managing external relationships such as stakeholders or vendors.
- Educated to degree level or higher.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.