The Production department at Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Producer to join the team. We are interested in hearing from candidates at all stages of their career, be that associate, intermediate or senior level, however one aspect of the role that is fixed is that the position will be studio based (in Nottingham city centre) once the pandemic restrictions allow.
You will be working on the next game in the Dead Island series for home consoles and PC platforms, owning the planning and delivery of features and roadmaps, seeking to maximize quality within the required constraints. We’re looking for someone that has a solid understanding of game development and the challenges it brings, and is able to balance managing the right amount of process and planning detail with maintaining a close eye on the final product.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Delivery focussed and in-touch with the game. Own the planning and delivery of features or departmental roadmaps, whilst remaining keenly aware of the player experience.
- Own the constraints. Work with department directors and leads to make decisions and a maintain a deep understanding of how best to balance competing priorities.
- Provide feature definition to teams, removing obstacles and enabling efficient development.
- Problem solving. Use all of your experience and production tools to turn your hand to a variety of problems. Allow the team to focus on what they do best.
- Ensure development goals are understood and communicated out to the team or other stakeholders.
- Inspire confidence through decision making and pragmatic insight.
- Own all aspects of day to day task planning to enable an organized and well connected team.
- Build close relationships with Project Managers and other Producers to balance available resource and predict upcoming risks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with departmental leads and directors.
- Be familiar with industry trends and competitor products.
- Ideally 2 years of experience in game development as a Producer or Project Manager.
- Detailed understanding of project management techniques and production practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of common project management tools such as Jira or Hansoft.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Passion for video games.
- Experience managing external relationships such as stakeholders or vendors.
- Educated to degree level or higher.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.