Deep Silver Dambuster Studios has a new opportunity for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our Game Code Department.
We are looking for a seasoned programmer with experience working on AAA game titles to create systems and features, which enable the wider team to deliver a truly immersive gameplay experience for the next instalment in the iconic zombie action survival franchise, Dead Island.
Being a Senior gameplay programmer, you will be expected to take ownership over specific projects and provide ad-hoc mentorship to more junior members of the team to help them develop.
If you are an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer or a Gameplay Programmer ready to step up, then we want to hear from you!
While we know what we are looking for, it is unlikely that any one person will meet all of the criteria outlined below. You may have attributes or skills that we have not realised are crucial to our success yet so please do get in touch if you feel you have something special to offer us in this role. Give us the opportunity to decide if you are the right person for the role.
- Several years of experience working in a software engineering role
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
- The ability to identify opportunities to optimise code in order to remain within performance and memory budgets.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross discipline groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction.
- The ability to provide ad-hoc mentorship and support to more junior team members
- Experience of console development.
- Previous experience working in a specialist area. E.g. AI, Physics, Networking, Audio.
- A genuine interest in playing games.
- Third party game engine experience.
Our Hiring Process
- Submit your CV for review by our Engineering and HR Departments
- If successfully shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a 90 minute code test
- Upon passing the test, you will be invited for an interview with the Studio Engineering Director and at least one member of the Engineering Leadership team
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; If you have not heard back within 2 weeks, then you have not been successful at this time, but we would like to thank you for your interest.