Dambuster Studios is hard at work making the next instalment in the Dead Island franchise the most eye-popping zombie game out there, both literally and figuratively.
To help us do this we need talented people to join our Technical Art team. We currently have both regular and senior positions available, requiring two and five years experience respectively.
We know that Technical Art is a broad church and part of the fun is in applying your knowledge and analytical skills to new and varied challenges. With this in mind, we have chosen not to create a specific checklist of required skills.
Instead, you can be experienced in special effects or lighting, materials or optimisation, making really useful art tools or anything else that could reasonably be deemed technical art - if you’re good at what you do then we can find a place for you!
Interested? Send us your CV and portfolio with some examples of how you have produced beautiful things in clever ways. Disgusting things are also welcome - this is a zombie game after all.
Please note This is not a Technical Animator position - so if all your experience is in rigging, skinning and that sort of thing, then you might be better off applying for our Technical Animator role.
What’s In It for you?
Aside from the opportunity to work on the highly anticipated, next instalment in the AAA Dead Island franchise, we are a studio that offers a host of benefits and perks.
• An industry competitive salary.
• A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
• Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
• Funded learning and development opportunities.
• An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
• A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
• Gym membership scheme.
• Free financial advice.
• Workplace pension scheme.
• Annual pay reviews.
• Employee referral bonus scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster Studios such a great place to work:
• Flexible start and end times to the working day.
• Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
• Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
• Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
• Free fruit & soft drinks.
• Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.