Dambuster Studios are hard at work creating the next instalment in the Dead Island franchise to be the most eye-popping zombie game out there, both literally and figuratively.
To help grease the wheels of our glorious gore and fantastic environments we're looking for a talented individual to join our Technical Art team who will primarily focus on supporting our other art teams. This would include maintaining and developing our pipelines and tools, and helping to address any asset performance issues. Our ideal candidate will be good communicator, technical facilitator and natural problem solver, who is capable of working both in team environments and is also self-motivated enough to work on their own when needed.
If this sounds like you, and you have AAA experience within the games industry at either a regular or senior level, we’d love to hear from you, and for this particular role we'd be happy talking to candidates who are interested in relocating to work in our Nottingham studio or those who wish to work remotely.
Some of the key technical skills and experience that we'd like candidates to have:
• A comprehensive understanding of modern game rendering.
• Experience with identifying and solving performance issues.
• Experience working in UE4 including Blueprint and the material, shader and lighting pipelines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the UE4 art workflows.
• Strong knowledge of Python.
• Good working knowledge of 3DS Max & Max Script.
• Experience with the Substance Pipeline management.
• Good knowledge of Photoshop & Action Script.
It would be a bonus if you also have:
• Max / Dot-NET API knowledge.
• Knowledge of Maya and MEL Scripting.
• A level of understanding of Houdini + Houdini Engine.
• Experience with both gen 8 & 9 console platforms.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from the opportunity to work on the highly anticipated, next instalment in the AAA Dead Island franchise, we are a studio that offers a host of benefits and perks.
• An industry competitive salary.
• A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
• Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
• Funded learning and development opportunities.
• An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
• A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
• Gym membership scheme.
• Free financial advice.
• Workplace pension scheme.
• Annual pay reviews.
• Employee referral bonus scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster Studios such a great place to work:
• Flexible start and end times to the working day.
• Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
• Regular studio funded team building events.
• Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
• Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
• Free fruit & soft drinks.
• Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.