We have an exciting new opportunity within our talented and experienced art department for a VFX Artist to join us as we work on the next installment in the highly successful Dead Island series of games.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated person who has a passion for high-quality, photorealistic real-time visual effects in video games that can help us bring a zombie ravaged version of LA to life.
- Professional experience in creating photorealistic, real-time visual effects for video games is highly desired.
- Solid knowledge of art, lighting and material pipelines preferably in a modern game engine.
- Understanding of physically based rendering principles.
- A thorough and methodical approach to visual problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Open to critique and guidance from the Technical Art Director and others in the team.
- Eager to learn, develop and improve; and help other team members to do the same.
- Strong interest in playing video games.
- Adaptable and versatile.
- Experience with UE4 and SideFX Houdini is highly desirable.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with performance optimisation and memory management.
A portfolio is required which demonstrates the following:
- Real time visual effects within a modern game engine.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret that it is not always possible to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within two weeks of submitting your application, then we must inform you that you have not been successful at this time. However, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.