The Production department at Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Producer to join the team, with strong animation experience working on an established AAA title for Next Gen Consoles and PC platforms.
As the Producer focusing on Animation, you will work very closely with the Animation Director and Animation leads on the planning and development of core animation tools and technology, gameplay systems and features of the game. You will clear roadblocks for the team, plan tasks, sprints and formulate roadmaps. Through careful management you will seek to maximize quality within the project constraints.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working closely with the animation department in a game development cycle, have a deep understanding of what drives the animation team and can balance the right amount of production process with the needs and responsibilities of the animation department. You may also be asked to help other smaller departments such as Technical Art depending on skills and needs.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Delivery focussed and in-touch with the game. Own the planning and delivery of features or departmental roadmaps, whilst remaining keenly aware of the player experience.
- Own the constraints. Work with the animation director and animation leads to both inform and work collaboratively on a plan that can balance competing priorities.
- Problem solving. Use all of your experience and production tools to turn your hand to a variety of problems. Allow the team to focus on what they do best.
- Ensure development goals are understood within the animation team, and animation priorities are communicated out to the wider team or other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with external parties to manage resources, dependencies and information exchange.
- Utilize existing Production processes within the animation team or create new processes where there is potential for improvement.
- Support the animation director and leads in providing information or following up dependencies resting on other parts of the team.
- Produce meeting minutes and maintain schedules based on projections and estimates.
- Uphold and protect the animation team philosophies and high standards of working practice.
- Build close relationships with Project Managers and other Producers to balance available resource and predict upcoming risks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with departmental leads and directors.
- Be familiar with industry trends and competitor products.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in game development, at least 3 working closely with the animation team as a co-ordinator, in a project management capacity or as an animator.
- Practical and detailed understanding of project management techniques and production practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of common project management tools such as Jira or Hansoft.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Passion for video games and animation
- Several years of game development experience in a technical or creative discipline, ideally in a senior position
- Experience with Technical Art, Character Art, UI or Engineering.
- Experience managing external relationships such as stakeholders or vendors.
- Educated to degree level or higher.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.