Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced Animation department for an Senior Animator. If you have a passion for character animation and cinematics and have at least 4 years of experience in the game or film industry using Maya then please get in touch!
- Create first person handcrafted animations using Autodesk Maya.
- Create cinematics and gameplay animations of photo-realistic quality utilizing motion capture technology.
- Ensure animation content created is consistent with the style set out for the characters, story and overall game vision.
- Work productively with other teams/specialities, particularly programmers and designers, effectively communicating ideas, and problem solving.
- Import and test animations is required, as well as having a strong technical understanding of game animation systems and character rigging.
- Follow and maintain the animation pipeline technical requirements and system structure.
- Offer solutions to maximise the efficiency, contribute to the overall development of the project and raise any other issues that may need to be addressed.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Work with the leads to plan and manage your workload to meet internal milestones.
- Able to work autonomously and to take ownership of features from early concept, through to final polish.
- Support and mentor junior members of the team.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
All Animators must demonstrate in their portfolio:
- Keen eye on character dynamics and acting.
- Experience creating handcrafted character animation.
- Experience editing Motion Captured animations.
- Experience working for more than two years in the game or film industry.
- Strong understanding of animation principles.
Knowledge and skills:
- Sound grounding in the fundamentals of animation principles is essential.
- Expertise with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience using Motion Capture technology.
- Knowledge of animation/technical constraints.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude.
- Passion for games and animation films.
- Filming or acting experience.
- Rigging or programming tools.
- Production experience developing a first person shooter game or open world game.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, or other game engines.
- Experience working with facial animation.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work:
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret that it is not always possible to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within two weeks of submitting your application, then we must inform you that you have not been successful at this time. However, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.